Yea BOIIII!

I really like my papers to be aesthetically pleasing. So much so, that I frequently create a place for my title, even before I know what the title will be. I type it in bold and underline it, as if it were a real title, but I just put something incredibly random to fill the space.

Today, I was writing a particularly long and boring paper, so I decided to create a fun fake title to cheer myself up. Proudly displayed at the top of my page were the words "Title: Yea BOIIIII!" (Random, I know).

After hours upon hours of typing, with regular distractions of course, I read over the entire paper one last time to check for errors, and went to hit the print button. With my finger hovering over the mouse, I realized at last minute that I had yet to come up with a new title and had almost made the tragic mistake of printing off an entire observational narrative with a popular rapper phrase as the title. Had my good friend Andrew not sent me an Instant Message at that exact moment, causing a little IM chat box to pop up right in front of my paper, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

I wonder what my professors would think...

Comments

Vanessa's Dad said…
Yea Booo...

I don't know what that means. :(

My generation gap is showing.

I have a cute illustration from my favorite Pop Culture medium that I'll send ya.
Unknown said…
Funny stuff that!
Amanda said…
Good timing. Maybe the professor would have found it funny, but more likely not been impressed with the lack of attention to detail. Totally sounds like something I would do. :) I remember faxing off my resume to a company I wanted to work for and realizing that I had forgotten to sign my cover letter. Opps!!! Ironically I wound up working for them a few years later since I started working for a different branch of the company and transfered over.