Has it really been three weeks?

Well apparently I've been busy, since I haven't updated this blog in such a long time.

What have I been up to, you ask? Well, in no particular order:

Trailer Trash Tragedy - a murder mystery dinner to celebrate my roommate's 23rd birthday.

Cake decorating.

Dressing as Sarah Palin (here with Todd and Baby Trig too!)
Celebrating the end of Term II with my fellow sub-cohort members - we've named ourselves Team Sexy, in honor of our *ahem* interesting Assessment Professor who used the adjective in the most inappropriate ways (example: "You can follow the guidelines for your worksample, or if you want you can add pictures and graphs and things to make it really sexy")

I finished the mini-worksample (which is really not so mini, I might add) a few days early, after an all-nighter or two. I also spent two days of my life scoring State Writing Samples for 8th graders. It was exhausting. Apparently since I'm trained now, I can get paid somewhere around $25 an hour to score these during Spring Break. Jury is still out as to whether or not the torture is worth the pay...

Still haven't decided about my future yet, but I've scheduled an interview for the 31st of January. I figure at least then I will have my options open. :) Thanks for all your thoughtful advice as I struggle through this predicament. It means a lot to me.

Today was my first official day off in as long as I can remember. So far: I've slept in, made a delicious lunch, enjoyed on a 45 minute prayer walk throughout my neighborhood, worked out, and caught up on my correspondences (really I just uploaded pictures and videos on facebook, but I thought that sounded a bit fancier). Now I'm going to soak in a hot bath (somewhat for relaxation but mainly because my house is a freezer and I can't afford to turn the heat on), and then get ready for a fun, fancy night out for my friend Alicia's b-day! :)

Love you guys!

Comments

Kendra said…
Cute pics!!! Love the Sarah Palin costume =-)
Glad you got a day off and are back blogging, I missed you!
Love you too =-)
Samantha said…
ooooooo good luck on the interview!!!
Vanessa's Dad said…
Great photo's. I admire the way you can work hard and then enjoy life.

Bathing to warm up? But, it's so cold when you get out of the tub! I love bathrooms with that heat lamp that warms ya up just by the light. That's fun when the rest of the house is cold.

LOVE, DAD
Amanda said…
Fun pics!! I'm jealous, I've always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner party! Fun!!

You can come take a soak in our huge soaker tub while you're here. And our heat will be on too :) Oh, yeah, you can take a bath with baby again. She's even more fun in the tub than when you were here in February. And she has a very impressive rubber ducky collection!
Unknown said…
I'm so proud of you. Yay you for living within your means and sticking to your budget. Sorry it means you have to bundle up or soak in a hot tub - but I have to admit a nice soak w/ a good magazine sounds great. But seriously I'm proud of you for going through college in a fiscally responsible way. Props cousin!
Unknown said…
Cute pics and funny vid's on You Tube.