He Is RISEN!

Today, my friends, is not just about new frilly dresses, pastels, and candy (though if someone brought me some jelly beans I certainly would not complain).
1) Sweet little Easter themed truffles from Moonstruck Chocolate, a wonderful surprise gift from my thoughtful friend Pat. 2) Tulips just seem to emanate Spring, don't you think? 3) My Easter dress!  Yes, I'm still, like, 8 years old at heart. 
No, today is about the fact that our Lord and Savior took on every conceivable human heartbreak.  And He did it willingly.  He suffered the ultimate punishment: true rejection and separation from God (Matthew 27:46), so that we would never have to experience that kind of pain.  Jesus became sin (2 Corinthians 5:21).  He didn't just take it on, He became the very thing that breaks God's heart.  And God looked at His only son, beaten and defeated, nailed to a cross, and He saw what Christ had become (for us) and He had to turn His head.

The Bible tells us that by His wounds we are healed (Isaiah 53:5).  We may never be able to fully comprehend this mystery, but it is our responsibility to believe it.  CHRIST WAS FORSAKEN SO THAT WE NEVER HAVE TO BE.

Because of His sacrifice, because Jesus took on the sinful and broken lives that we live, God sees us as if we lived the life Christ did - we are holy and blameless in His sight.
My private little Maundy Thursday (Last Supper) celebration.  I could not make it to church that night so I improvised at home.
He suffered, He died, but HE DID NOT STAY DOWN.  He rose again and He is right now, at this very moment preparing a place for you and for me in Heaven.  I have tears in my eyes as I type this.

The Christian cross is empty because our Lord is no longer there.  Death could not contain Him. 
 He is Risen.

Comments

Vanessa's Dad said…
He is Risen, indeed!

Ann & I went to Easter Services yesterday to make room at SAC for Easter Crowds. That meant we could enjoy an Easter Sleep in this morning, and the beautiful sunshine in a quiet Easter at home.

Hope your Easter is wonderful, and you can enjoy a return to Facebook to spread your Joy even further.

LOVE,
DAD