weather wonders

Yesterday, all I wanted was to be outside enjoying the beautiful, crisp, fall sunshine.

Today, all I want is to be curled up in sweat pants in front of a fire.

Things to note: I do not have, nor have I ever had, a fireplace. I also have too much homework to "curl up" and do anything.

Also, something many people don't know about me: I love love LOVE walks in the rain... when I don't have anywhere to GO. If I'm trying to get something done or go somewhere in particular, I curse the rain like no one's business. It makes me cold, wet, and curly (my hair goes bonkers at even the tiniest hint of moisture in the air). But if I have an afternoon to myself, and it's not too terrifyingly freezing out there, I absolutely adore the feeling of the rain on my skin. Take Saturday for example. A handsome boy and myself went for a hike at Silver Falls. Perhaps a strange choice of activity for a cold and semi-stormy day, but hey, we're strange people. Near the end of our walk it began to rain. He needed his coat almost immediately because he had a cast on his arm at the time. I, on the other hand, tossed my head back and soaked it all in (literally, I was SOAKED by the time we got back to the car). I loved every second of it.

Secretly, I was kind of hoping we'd pass someone on our walk back. I wanted them to take one look at Handsome Boy, all cozy and dry in his jacket, and then see me walking along beside him without even a hood to put over my head. But alas, we were completely alone. Apparently hikes on muddy paths just aren't that popular on rainy days....

Comments

Amanda said…
I, too, have always wanted to curl up with a good book and cup of cocoa next to a fireplace, but I never had. We even have a fireplace here, but we've never turned it on. Right now our coffee table is parked in front of it to give Cadence maximum play space.

I've never thought about it, but you're right, if you aren't in a hurry and you have no place to be, a walk in the rain can really make you feel alive!!!

Glad you had such a great weekend!
Kendra said…
Hope you get time to curl up soon =-)
Vanessa's Dad said…
You are truly an Oregon Girl...

LOVE,
DAD