8 random things you might not know about me:

1. I am obsessed with chewing gum.  OBSESSED.  I chew it so frequently, I have to tear the pieces in half to make a pack last longer than a week.  Yikes.

2. I tried brussel sprouts for the first time at work last month.  And I didn't hate them.

3. Sometimes when my upstairs neighbors are being real obnoxious, I lay my pillow directly on top of my sound machine in hopes the white noise will more directly permeate my eardrum.

4. I've never been kissed (or kissed anyone, for that matter) under mistle toe.

5. I am one of the least technologically updated persons of my generation that I know.  Schuyler actually had to give me a tutorial on how to use his iPad to watch a movie the other night.  As in, "This is how you turn it on.  This is how you select the movie.  This is the volume control.  This is how you pause the movie..."

6. The movie I watched on the iPad was "No Strings Attached," which is definitely heavier on the comedy, lighter on the romance... and while it made me laugh, it also made me feel like crap.  Ayiyi.

7. Tomorrow, I'm co-facilitating a round table presentation on anti-oppressive, gender responsive, housing first, wraparound community based practices for women experiencing chronic homelessness.  And I know what every single one of those terms mean.  Another way to read this: I'm kind of a big deal.

8. I just booked a vacation to Puerto Vallarta with some of my girlfriends!!!!  We're going in July.  Jenn's parents gifted her their timeshare points for graduation (she's now an MAT), and we get to spend a week in this gorgeous resort and all I have to pay for is my flight and cost of food (which I plan on eating a lot of... yumm).

Comments

Carol J. Brown said…
Your trip sounds like it will be wonderful. Enjoy your well-deserved break.