Awkward and Awesome Thursday
- Watching movies with a family member when a sex scene comes on the screen. I thought the awkwardness went away after a certain age (you know, like, puberty), but nope, I still feel tooooootally weird about it.
- Walking out of the grocery store with a super purposeful, "I'm about to get stuff done" stride, which is instantly halted by the frequent (we're talking, like, 9 times out of 10) realization: I have no idea where my car is parked.
- Yawns that get caught in the back of your throat
- I think Schuyler may have joined a cult. No seriously. Here's my evidence so far:
- He recently drastically changed his physical appearance. New haircut, new glasses, new wardrobe. I hardly recognize the kid.
- He dragged me to a super exclusive initiation ceremony a few weeks ago, to which he did not invite any of his family members
- Lately he has been attending a lot of late night "meetings"
- He keeps referencing getting "hooded" at a "hooding ceremony"
- I found the following items
in his closetconveniently laying around the house (hey, I'm no snoop!)
|Creepy black robe with an odd colorful attachment|
|Close up of the odd attachment thing. It came with some sort of diagram, which I was unable to decipher.|
|Zoom in, if you can, on the symbols. WHAT?!??!|
- I'm officially halfway to a MASTER'S DEGREE!!!
- Drinking maybe a little too much at happy hour to celebrate bullet point number one, deciding to go shopping, ending up at Nordstrom Rack, and finding a pair of dark skinny jeans for $4! Perhaps I shall go post-happy hour shopping more often.
- Snickerdoodle Muffins. You have got to try these. DELICIOUS.
- Schuyler got a job!!! He's going back to our old stomping grounds, Western Oregon University, as the Coordinator of Housing Operations and Conference Programs. YEAAAA!
- The super sweet birthday gift I bought for Shoes. It's a really neato wine rack. Here's a picture, so you can see how awesome it is for yourself: