Pumpkin Patchin'

Saturday, Cadence and I went on an adventure.  We traveled about 40 mins north to Gilcrease Orchard, where we picked apples right off of trees and pumpkins straight from the patch.
This trip involved significantly more walking than we expected, but luckily, little tired legs can still be easily distracted by spontaneous games like, "Can you take a bigger step than me?" or "I wonder if the tent where we weigh our pumpkins is more than 20 steps away...let's count!" (we played that last one more than three times...just sayin')
We rewarded ourselves for finally making it to the end with individually sized apple cider drinks and hot, freshly-made apple cider donuts.  Yummmm.
It was a bizarre experience, going to the pumpkin patch in shorts and a t-shirt.  I might have even gotten a small sunburn.  Meanwhile, my facbeook is currently being bombarded by squishy-wet Pacific NW pumpkin patch photos.  

Jury is still out on which I prefer.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some pumpkin guts to go play with.

Comments