Your Love Covers All

Your love covers my heartbreak in singleness.

Your love covers the weariness of worry.

Your love covers the paralysis of doubt.

Your love covers the wounds of abandonment.

Your love covers the stack of phone calls I didn't get to this morning, the disappointment I delivered this afternoon, and the trauma I will bear witness to tomorrow.

Your love covers his ignorance, her relapse, and the thousands of questions I have from both.

Your love covers my exhaustion at the end of a work week.

Your love covers the twitches, the shakes, and the sobs.

Your love covers bitterness.

Your love covers brokenness.

Your love covers forgotten promises and secret shame.

Your love covers the empty beds that once were filled with women seeking a new life, and Your love covers the full beds of women who are fighting with every fiber of their being to discover Your truth.

Your love covers her battle with the mirror.

Your love covers my ignorance as well as my inadequacies.

Your love covers loss of innocence, lies, and laments.

Your love covers my sin.

Your love covers it all.

Not my love.

Your love.

God, help me to always love through Your love.

Proverbs 10:12

Comments