Awkward and Awesome Thursday
I promised ya'll I would not forget!
- Exiting the bathroom stall on Sunday morning wearing a super cute skirt... which is tucked into your undies!*
- Okay, so I've been trying to run, right? And in order to keep me motivated, I listen to music, which sometimes includes gangster rap. And sometimes while I've got those inappropriate lyrics blaring in my earbuds, I run past a nice, sweet looking family. Often with small children. I even earned double awkward bonus points the day I ran past a summer nature camp group.
- The borderline obsession Shmem and I had with finding poison oak/ivy (whichever one grows up the Pacific NW) during our hike to fossil rock.
|Here's photographic evidence of one particular species of plant we believe might be the itchy variety.|
- I had my first bubble tea experience, and found the tapioca bubbles to be awkward but not awful. I think I'll need a few more taste tests before I'm sold one way or another.
- When my sister took my picture this week, glanced at the back of the digital camera screen, and doubtfully asked "Hmm, Natalie, is that the look you were going for?" She then proceeded to show me the screen and... well... all I saw was a smile. Ooops?
- For my baptism, my mom got me a brand new jump drive and put a note on it that says "Jesus saves. Now you can, too." Awesome play on words, mom. Well done.
- The nostalgic, childlike sensation I get every single time I ride through a car wash.
- Newspaper nails.
- Home made trail mix. I prepared a gargantuan bag for my trip to Seattle with Emily, and it was delicious.
- The miniature steam trains we got to ride in Molalla while visiting Noah's (brother in law) family ranch
|Cadence, Shmem, and Amanda waiting at the station.|
|Noah, Amanda, and Shmem on the train.|
|Grannie Annie and Bad Dad.|
|Cadence and I. She refused to smile. You can do that when you're 4.|
- Also awesome is the ranch itself.
|This is the roof of the lodge Noah's dad and brothers are building|
|The exterior of the lodge - supposedly the ENTIRE thing came from just ONE tree. Can you believe it? (me neither)|
|The inside of one of the darling little one-room cabins|
|The view from the window|
|Pocket sized cabin. I love it.|