25

That's how old I am.  Yup, one quarter of a century. 

I know some day I'll be looking back on this and thinking, "Man, I was so young and naive."  But for the past 25 years, I've considered 25 to be kind of a major milestone.  And well, I'm just not anywhere near where I always dreamed I would be.  This realization has the potential to spin me into a quarter-life crisis, so I've decided to combat this negativity with some of my very favorite things: LISTS!  5 of them actually, each containing 5 items.  Get it?  5 lists of 5 = 25 things.  ENJOY!

5 Things I'm Grateful I Haven't Done:
  • Been stung by a bee
  • Broken a bone
  • Had major surgery (wisdom teeth don't count)
  • Gotten fired from a job
  • Been in a car accident (unless you count the time when I was 15 and I backed into the church van... or the other time I backed into the neighbor's car)
5 Surprising Things I (still) Can't Do:
  • Skip rocks
  • Whistle
  • Blow up Balloons
  • Peel an orange
  • Drive a stick shift
5 Exciting Things I've Done:
  • Assist in the construction of 5 houses in Tecate, Mexico (beginning at age 12)
  • Sky dive and Parasail
Sky Diving, 23rd Birthday

Sky Diving, 23rd Birthday

Parasailing - Mazatlan, Mexico 2007

Parasailing - Mazatlan, Mexico 2007
  • Study abroad (pre-digital camera era)
  • Milk a cow
22nd Birthday
  • Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree
Summa Cum Laude

5 Things I Hope to Do:
  • Order room service
  • Take a journey in a hot air balloon (can you tell I have a thing for heights?)
  • Get married
  • Create life
  • Ride in a gondola in Venice
5 Most Important Parts of My Life:
  • Jesus
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Love
  • Laughter

Comments

Kendra said…
Room service is HEAVENLY.
BreAnna said…
I love your lists! I hope you are able to do everything on your "Things I hope to Do" list. Happy birthday!
Vanessa's Dad said…
The Quarter Century mark certainly IS a milestone.

And... you are AMAZING. I am so pleased, proud and blessed to have you for a daughter. You inspire me.

LOVE,
DAD
Carol J. Brown said…
Room service. Sigh. Some day.