Birthday Highlights

Saturday night I had a joint birthday party with three of my favorite girlfriends who all happen to share May birthdays with me.  It was the first time I can remember (gasp) SHARING my birthday party with anyone.  And you know what?  I loved it.

From left to right: me, Kaitlynn, Leslie, and Casey
We couldn't stop giggling while they sang to us.
Joelle made us the most BEAUTIFUL cakes.
Including individual "smash cakes" for each of the birthday girls.  Are we lucky or what?
We hosted a potluck and then a Minute to Win It Tournament, which had me literally doubled over in laughter more times than I can count.  So fun!

Game One: PENNY HOSE
Remove two pennies, located at the toes of the pantyhose, using only your fingers.

Game Two: NOSE DIVE.
Step one: apply petroleum jelly to your nose
Dip your freshly lubed nose into a bowl filled with cotton balls until at least one sticks.
Transport that cotton ball across the room to another bowl, and shake your head vigorously until the cotton ball falls off your nose and into the bowl.  Repeat this process 4 times.
Here's a shot of me on my knees in laughter.  And this was only the beginning!
Game Three: FACE THE COOKIE!
Begin with a cookie on your forehead. 
Using only the muscles in your face, transport that cookie from your forehead into your mouth.
It was SO hard not to use my hands.
Seriously silly.
This would be my celebration dance.  If you look closely you can see the cookie, successfully wedged between my teeth.

 Game Four: ELEPHANT MARCH
Wearing a pair of pantyhose with a baseball in the toe...
...swing your head back and forth like an elephant trunk to knock over 6 water bottles.

Game Six: TILT-A-CUP

One partner bounces ping pong balls onto the floor while the other tries to catch them in the stack of cups.
Each time a ping pong ball is successfully caught, that cup moves to the bottom of the stack.
The round continues until all 7 cups have been rotated through the stack.  As you can see from this picture, things get a little wobbly.
Game Seven: NOODLING AROUND
Using a piece of uncooked angel hair pasta in your mouth

string 6 uncooked penne pastas
without breaking the angel hair pasta.
After Minute to Win It, some of the party guests offered to drive me over to the local karaoke bar for a quick song song (wouldn't be a birthday if there wasn't any karaoke):
Then, yesterday (my actual birthday), several friends met me at a bar on campus for Happy Hour in between classes.  So fun.

I am blessed.

Comments

Vanessa's Dad said…
Happy Birthday, Darlin'

UR Blessed with good friends and good, creative energy, and a wonderful tradition of celebrating birthdays.

LOVE,
DAD