Awkward and Awesome Thursday
- Attending Schuyler's induction ceremony into Phi Kappa Phi (a sophisticated, exclusive, invite-only honors society)... meanwhile, the Queer Resource Center is having a concert in the park blocks just outside the windows. It was like my two worlds collided.
- The 15-minute sunburn I received on my freshly exposed neck. My first short-haircut casualty.
- When my upstairs neighbors forget to turn off their alarm before getting in the shower... at 5:00am. Seriously? Do they EVER sleep?
- The sour-smelling man with size 38 Double D breasts who squished into the seat next to me on the bus Monday morning. How do I know the exact size of his breasts, you ask? Well, because he spent the entire commute talking about them.
- Accidentally letting it slip to Schuyler that we have a bed bug outbreak at work. Have had it since I started, actually. Ooopsies.
- The birthday flowers I got from work two weeks ago are currently sitting on my desk and still just as gorgeous as ever!
- There is a children's fencing club that practices in the park outside my house. So adorably impressive!
- Mystery Birthday Packages from Amazon.com. Mad props to my baby sister for pulling off a truly epic birthday surprise.
- E-mailing my final process recording for my first year of grad school. I did a legitimate happy dance after I clicked the send button.
- Lazy Susans. Which remind me of the original 1968 version of "Yours, Mine, and Ours." Specifically the scene where Lucille Ball is served a few too many screwdrivers by Henry Fonda's kids. Ohhh sweet childhood memories. (PS If you haven't seen this version, I demand you watch it before the summer is over)